Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Program
The mission of the Department of Educational Leadership is to prepare bold, socially responsible leaders who will transform the world of schooling. Students examine social, cultural and linguistic issues linked to larger equity and social justice challenges. Our central role is to help build the leadership capacity needed to create vital, democratic, professional learning communities for equitable learning and teaching.
Completion of the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential enables graduates to assume administrative positions at all levels of the K-12 public education system. Positions include those in school site administration (e.g., principal, vice principal), and district level administration (e.g., curriculum coordinator, staff development coordinator, special programs coordinator, human resources, assistant superintendent, superintendent, etc.). In addition, graduates also obtain many positions at the county and state level offices.
A candidate must be admitted to the University consistent with requirements and procedures explained in this catalog. Candidates may apply for admission to the Department and to the University at the same time. Applications for admission to the Department are outlined on the department website. All admissions materials should be sent to the Cal State East Bay Credential Student Service Center (CSSC), AE 235, 25800 Carlos Bee Blvd., Hayward, CA 94542.
Requirements for the Professional Administrative Services Credential Program include:
- A bachelor’s degree
- Verification of position as a school teacher (form available on the Department website)
- A current resume
- For “Classified Graduate” status and Advancement to Candidacy, M.S. students must have successfully met the University Writing Skills Requirement. For more information, see the Testing Office website at www.csueastbay.edu/testing or call (510) 885-3661.
Program Learning Outcomes
California Professional Standards for Educational Leadership (CPSEL)
- STD 1: Development and Implementation of a Shared Vision
- STD 2: Instructional Leadership
- STD 3: Management & Learning Environment
- STD 4: Family & Community Engagement
- STD 5: Ethics & Integrity
- STD 6: External Context & Policy
Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Program Requirements (20-22 units)
Notice To Students re: Professional Licensure and Certification. See Errata Non-curricular page for more information.
Complete 20-22 units from the following courses: