Nov 30, 2023
ART 371 - Watermedia
An introduction to various water media used in painting and drawing. Students will explore the use of watercolors, gouache, dyes, inks, polymer paints and other water based media utilizing their characteristic properties, particularly transparency.
Strongly Recommended Preparation: ART 172, ART 260.
Prerequisites: ART 100.
Repeatability: May be repeated for credit for a maximum of 6 units.
Possible Instructional Methods: On-ground.
Grading: A-F or CR/NC (student choice).
Student Learning Outcomes - Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate strong studio skills and a well-developed understanding of their own art-making processes, qualities, and techniques;
- Identify and study art elements (i.e. color, line, value, texture, shape, form etc.);
- Apply what is learned from demonstrations, lectures and research of materials;
3. Apply design technology using watercolors, gouache, dyes, inks, polymer paints and papermaking;
- Discuss the contemporary and historical context of water media in Art, Illustration and Design;
- Safely handle and maintain materials, studio facilities, and equipment.
Add to Folder (opens a new window)