Sep 28, 2023
REC 110 - Foundations of Sustainability in Hospitality, Recreation and Tourism
Sustainable solutions and key challenges in improving the environment (air, water and food) in a community. Transitioning to a more sustainable approach in HRT industries at the local, regional and global level.
Strongly Recommended Preparation: HOS 100 and REC 100.
Possible Instructional Methods: Entirely On-ground, or Entirely Online, or Hybrid.
Grading: A-F or CR/NC (student choice).
Course Typically Offered: Fall ONLY
Student Learning Outcomes - Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Identify how sustainability is implemented in their community.
- Identify the three common areas of sustainability that affects a community. (Air, Water and Food).
- Identify how the practice of sustainability can foster a life-long conservation of our resources for future generations.
- Identify what happens when there is a lack of sustainability in a community and the cause and effects of it.
- Discuss key challenges to achieving sustainability and to transitioning to a more sustainable world at local, regional and global scales.
- Present creative solutions and effective responses to sustainability-related issues and generate supportive persuasive proposals.
- Develop more confidence in presenting and justifying sustainability-related arguments in public.
- Examine sustainability from an interdisciplinary perspective. Improve their written and oral communication and self-reflective thinking.
Add to Folder (opens a new window)