Sep 28, 2023
REC 360 - Foundations in Recreation Therapy
Units: 3 ; Breadth Area: GE-E
The human developmental stages of recreation therapy across the lifespan, including theories of human behavior, principles of behavioral change, and concepts and models of health and human services. Investigation of potential career paths.
Strongly Recommended Preparation: HOS 100 and REC 100.
Possible Instructional Methods: Entirely Online.
Grading: A-F grading only.
Breadth Area(s) Satisfied: GE-E -Lifelong Learning and Self-Development
Course Typically Offered: Fall & Spring
Student Learning Outcomes - Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Classify human developmental stages across the lifespan.
- Explain theories of human behavior and Principles of behavioral change.
- Summarize the concepts and models of health and human services.
- Apply the principles of group dynamics leadership.
- Interpret legislative and regulatory guidelines and standards.
- Explain the contributions of play, recreation and leisure to health and well-being.
- Discover recreation therapy practice settings (e.g., hospital, long-term care, community-based, schools, home health care (Practice Guidelines)
E. Lifelong Learning and Self-Development Learning Outcomes
- develop intellectual, practical, and/or physical skills and abilities that will serve them throughout their lives;
- apply their learning to other pursuits within and outside of the classroom; and
- demonstrate the capacity to make informed and ethical decisions.
Add to Folder (opens a new window)