Jul 01, 2022
MATH 110E - Finite Math for Business with Extra Support
Units: 4 ; Breadth Area: GE-B4
This course covers mathematical ideas needed by students in business. The course includes a 1 unit activity component. Mathematical topics will be applied to problems in business and will include linear functions, systems of linear equations and inequalities, matrices, linear programming, mathematics of finance, and sets. See Errata Course for corrections to this content.
Possible Instructional Methods: Entirely On-ground.
Grading: A-F or CR/NC (student choice).
Breadth Area(s) Satisfied: GE-B4 - Lower Division Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning
Course Typically Offered: Fall & Spring
Student Learning Outcomes - Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Use mathematical ideas to interpret and draw inferences from information presented using formulas, graphs, and tables.
- Represent mathematical information symbolically, visually, numerically and verbally.
- Develop mathematical models and use them to solve applied business problems.
- Apply mathematical methods to solve problems in business and economics.
B4. Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate a proficient and fluent ability to reason quantitatively;
- demonstrate a general understanding of how practitioners and scholars collect and analyze data, build mathematical models, and/or solve quantitative problems; and
- apply quantitative reasoning skills in a variety of real-world contexts, defined by personal, civic, and/or professional responsibilities.
Add to Folder (opens a new window)