Aug 14, 2022
GS 332 - Community Engagement and Leadership Seminar for GANAS II
Units: 2; Breadth Area: GE-E; Social Justice
Further support of transfer students in the GANAS Program. Continued focus on leadership development, community engagement, and advocating for Latinx educational equity. Note: The Social Justice Overlay requirement is satisfied upon completion of the two-seminar sequence, GS 331 and GS 322.
Prerequisites: Completion of GE areas A1, A2 and A3.
Possible Instructional Methods: Hybrid Only.
Grading: ABC/NC grading only.
Breadth Area(s) Satisfied: GE-E -Lifelong Learning and Self-Development, Overlay - Social Justice
Course Typically Offered: Spring ONLY
Student Learning Outcomes - Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Identify academic and community resources that will assist in the student’s college success;
- Communicate ideas, perspectives, and values clearly and persuasively while listening openly to others;
- Apply knowledge of diversity and multicultural competencies to promote equity and social justice in our communities;
- Research and connect with nonprofit organizations in the area to engage in a community service project;
- Apply understanding of personal identity, responsibility, and educational equity to succeed as a Latinx college student in the GANAS program.
E. Lifelong Learning and Self-Development Learning Outcomes
Social Justice Overlay Learning Outcomes
- develop intellectual, practical, and/or physical skills and abilities that will serve them throughout their lives;
- apply their learning to other pursuits within and outside of the classroom; and
- demonstrate the capacity to make informed and ethical decisions.
- use a disciplinary perspective to analyze issues of social justice and equity;
- describe the challenges to achieving social justice; and
- identify ways in which individuals and/or groups can contribute to social justice within local communities, nations, or the world.
Add to Folder (opens a new window)