Jul 06, 2022
MKTG 487 - Practicum in Small Business Management
Student consultant teams assisting small businesses; responsibilities include reviewing performance; isolating problems; researching solutions; presenting oral analysis to class; preparing written reports for business.
Strongly Recommended Preparation: ITM 300.
Prerequisites: ACCT 215, MKTG 300, FIN 300, ECON 380, MGMT 350.
Equivalent Quarter Course: ENTR 4490.
Possible Instructional Methods: Entirely On-ground, or Entirely Online.
Grading: A-F grading only.
Course Typically Offered: Spring ONLY
Student Learning Outcomes - Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Understand the entrepreneurial process.
- Use the Lean Startup Canvas and/or Business Model Canvas to determine feasibility of a venture idea.
- Define implementation of a minimum viable product (MVP).
- Build a website for the company and/or prototype of the product.
- Build a pitch deck for the company (PPT or Prezi presentation).
- Pitch a startup in writing and orally in a succinct manner .
- Write and/or update a business plan
- Form a new corporation and establish its ownership and governance
- Contribute as a team to plan, lead, organize, and control product and service development
- Project financials to avoid running out of cash and to drive toward breakeven
Add to Folder (opens a new window)