Feb 05, 2023
KIN 242 - Intermediate Activities: Pilates
Units: 1 ; Breadth Area: GE-E
Intermediate level Pilates building on the fundamentals. Strengthening core muscles to improve posture, limb mobility and overall flexibility and balance.
Strongly Recommended Preparation: Prior experience in the activity - check with instructor.
Equivalent Quarter Course: KIN 2043.
Repeatability: May be repeated for credit for a maximum of 2 units.
Possible Instructional Methods: Entirely On-ground.
Grading: A-F or CR/NC (student choice).
Breadth Area(s) Satisfied: GE-E -Lifelong Learning and Self-Development
Student Learning Outcomes - Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Recognize and appreciate the benefits of being physically active (active living) to life-long fitness, health, and wellness
- Identify the aesthetic, creative, personal, social, physical, and cognitive benefits and opportunities accrued by being physically active
- Understand the basic principles of effective and safe physical activity participation
- Know the history and fundamental components of a given physical activity
- Use appropriate assessments to evaluate their own and others’ physical activity competence
- List the disciplinary areas that are used to understand physical activity
E. Lifelong Learning and Self-Development Learning Outcomes
- develop intellectual, practical, and/or physical skills and abilities that will serve them throughout their lives;
- apply their learning to other pursuits within and outside of the classroom; and
- demonstrate the capacity to make informed and ethical decisions.
Add to Folder (opens a new window)