Dec 05, 2022
EPSY 638 - Psychopathology
Etiology, assessment, and treatment of the major psychological disorders of childhood through adulthood. Ability to prevent psychological disorders. A multidimensional perspective presented through case study, differential diagnosis, assessment procedures, treatment planning and intervention.
Possible Instructional Methods: Entirely On-ground, Entirely Online, or Hybrid.
Grading: A-F grading only.
Student Learning Outcomes - Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Marriage and family therapy principles. The practice of mental health recovery-oriented care and methods of service delivery in recovery-oriented practice environments, among others.
- An understanding of various cultures and the social and psychological implications of socioeconomic position, and an understanding of how poverty and social stress impact an individual’s mental health recovery.
- Provide students with the opportunity to meet with various consumers and family members of consumers of mental health services to enhance understanding of their experience of mental illness, treatment, and recovery.
- Applied use of theory and psychotherapeutic techniques.
- Assessment, diagnosis, and prognosis, Treatment of individuals and premarital, couple, family, and child relationships, including trauma and abuse, dysfunctions, healthy functioning, health promotion, illness prevention, and working with families.
- Instruction in all of the following: Diagnosis, assessment, prognosis, and treatment of mental disorders, including severe mental disorders, evidence-based practices, psychological testing, psychopharmacology, and promising mental health practices that are evaluated in peer reviewed literature.
- Developmental issues from infancy to old age, including instruction in all of the following areas: The effects of developmental issues on individuals, couples, and family relationships.
- The psychological, psychotherapeutic, and health implications of developmental issues and their effects.
- Professional writing, including documentation of services, treatment plans, and progress notes.
- How to connect people with resources that deliver the quality of services and support needed in the community.
Add to Folder (opens a new window)