May 28, 2022
OTL 673 - Supervising and Evaluating Online Teaching
Effective delivery of online materials in the context of educational theories of supervision. Adapting techniques, including clinical supervision, to promote and support online teachers’ growth and development. Online mentoring of new online teachers.
Prerequisites: All of: OTL 601, OTL 602, OTL 603, OTL 604.
Co-requisites: OTL 606.
Equivalent Quarter Course: OTL 6773.
Possible Instructional Methods: Entirely Online.
Grading: A-F grading only.
Student Learning Outcomes - Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Online Instructional Design - review your foundation, reconsider educational theories, examine your course development process.
- Planning Online Instruction - prepare for course delivery, review good practices in online teaching so you are fully prepared to evaluate, mentor, and supervise another online teacher.
- Online Class Simulations - participate as a student in a class that is currently offered or under construction.
- Online Class Monitoring - step into the role of learner to evaluate a course from the student perspective.
- Review and analyze feedback.
- Learning from Experience - model supervision to promote and support teacher growth and development, participate in online mentoring sessions.
- Your course development and delivery will benefit from ‘walking’ in your supervisor’s shoes.
Add to Folder (opens a new window)