Sep 27, 2022
HSC 400 - Health Policy Research and Analysis
Healthcare is a highly complex and highly regulated industry. Using problem-based learning, students will be introduced to research and analysis of complex policy problems in healthcare. Lecture Units: 2; Activity Units: 1.
Prerequisites: HSC 315.
Equivalent Quarter Course: HSC 4010.
Possible Instructional Methods: Entirely On-ground, or Hybrid.
Grading: A-F grading only.
Course Typically Offered: Fall ONLY
Student Learning Outcomes - Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Explain the effectiveness of existing policies in addressing a specific issue in the healthcare system.
- Participate in a coordinated team effort to research and analyze the impact of existing policies on healthcare.
- Assess the ethical implications of existing policies.
- Demonstrate critical, reflective and creative thinking to solve problems.
- Assess the impact of selected existing policies to address an issue in the health care system on population health.
- Recognize environmental health policy’s impact on issues in the health care system and population health.
Add to Folder (opens a new window)