Nov 30, 2023
KIN 495 - Practicum in Kinesiology
Field experiences to observe and document how working professionals perform their job responsibilities.
Strongly Recommended Preparation: Completion of the kinesiology core.
Prerequisites: Kinesiology major.
Equivalent Quarter Course: KIN 4030.
Repeatability: May be repeated for credit for a maximum of 3 units.
Possible Instructional Methods: Entirely On-ground.
Grading: CR/NC grading only.
Student Learning Outcomes - Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Identify the professional requirements for access to and success in the field.
- Understand the need for flexibility and creativity in the application of knowledge.
- Identify the adjustments in leadership/supervision required by different professional settings.
- Define the work ethic and skills required for success in the field. Initiate a professional network.
- Appraise considerations with respect to health and safety
Add to Folder (opens a new window)