May 28, 2022
ART 120 - Art of Asia and the Pacific World
Units: 3 ; Breadth Area: GE-C1
Selected monuments of art and visual culture from Asian and Pacific world cultures since the ancient era.
Equivalent Quarter Course: ART 1010.
Possible Instructional Methods: Entirely On-ground, or Entirely Online, or Hybrid.
Grading: A-F or CR/NC (student choice).
Breadth Area(s) Satisfied: GE-C1 - Lower Division Arts
Course Typically Offered: Fall & Spring
Student Learning Outcomes - Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Describe and analyze works of art or visual culture using a specialized vocabulary;
- Locate, explain, and evaluate the political, economic, or social aspects of a work’s context, with sensitivity to the geographical fluidity of context;
- Differentiate historical context from the contemporary reception of a historical object or site;
- Practice teamwork and collaboration in the building of knowledge about art and visual culture.
C1. Arts Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the arts using their intellect, imagination, sensibility, and sensitivity;
- respond to aesthetic experiences in the arts and develop an understanding of the integrity of both emotional and intellectual responses; and
- in their intellectual and subjective considerations, demonstrate an understanding of the relationship among the self, the creative arts, and culture.
Add to Folder (opens a new window)