Nov 27, 2022
ART 348B - Advanced Studio Lighting and Product Photography
Advanced training with studio strobes, lighting principles, and the use of digital cameras and view cameras in the creation of commercial-quality product photography for print and the web. Field trips may be required.
Prerequisites: ART 348A.
Equivalent Quarter Course: ART 3671.
Repeatability: May be repeated for credit for a maximum of 6 units.
Possible Instructional Methods: Entirely On-ground.
Grading: A-F grading only.
Student Learning Outcomes - Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Develop advanced proficiency with studio strobes, lighting principles and the use of digital and view cameras;
- Create professional quality studio still life product shots suitable for catalog and web reproduction;
- Create a highly stylized, conceptual photograph of a product;
- Demonstrate proficiency in exposure control and advanced lighting applications;
- Identify current trends in studio based commercial advertising, people and fine art photography;
- The ability to work independently on product photography from concept to final image.
Add to Folder (opens a new window)