Nov 26, 2022
ART 260 - Introduction to Illustration
An introduction to the field and practice of Illustration, historical and contemporary. Focus on the various areas of illustration practice such as editorial, narrative, character, etc.
Prerequisites: All of: ART 100, ART 101, ART 102, ART 120.
Equivalent Quarter Course: ART 3145.
Possible Instructional Methods: Entirely On-ground.
Grading: A-F grading only.
Course Typically Offered: Fall ONLY
Student Learning Outcomes - Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate pictorial communication;
- Organize ideas using illustrative process from brainstorming through research to completion of illustration;
- Execute an editorial illustration that is derived from written text;
- Compose a narrative illustration on an introductory level;
- Produce an original character;
- Increase their skills in sketching and drawing;
- Discuss and critically analyze illustrations on an introductory level.
Add to Folder (opens a new window)