May 31, 2023  
2018-2019 Cal State East Bay Catalog 
2018-2019 Cal State East Bay Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Planned Educational Leave

Students may request a Planned Educational Leave to pursue educationally related activities which will enhance the prospect of successful completion of their academic program, but which do not require enrollment at Cal State East Bay or any other institution of higher education. Students who are unable to enroll due to compulsory military service or because of a documented disability or because of pregnancy may apply for a Planned Educational Leave. Students requesting a leave should be in good academic standing in a program leading to a degree.

A Planned Educational Leave may be for a period of up to a total of two years (four consecutive semesters, not including summer session) if students are enrolled in a program leading to a degree. The leave must be approved by their faculty advisor or department chair and the Office of the Registrar. If approved, students will retain graduation catalog rights and may enroll as a matriculated student, provided they return and enroll in the same major for the semester indicated. Failure to return from a Planned Educational Leave by the semester indicated means loss of catalog rights and students will be required to apply for readmission to the University and pay an application fee. The Planned Educational Leave form is available on the University website under Student Records Forms.