May 28, 2022
Minor Requirements (18-21 units)
The Information Technology Management (ITM) minor provides students with the technical and managerial knowledge and skills needed to effectively integrate people, information and communication technologies with business and management processes. The minor program is designed to complement your primary field of study.
- Business Administration majors cannot declare this minor, but can choose the Information Technology Management concentration in the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program.
- No more than 9 units used to fulfill other requirements (e.g., for general education, a major, concentrations, or other minors) can be counted toward the requirements for the Information Technology Management minor.
- Digital Proficiency is a prerequisite for BUS 340.
- Except for ITM 330, all other elective courses require BUS 340 as a prerequisite.
- Both ITM 440 and ITM 449 require ITM 330 as an additional prerequisite.
- Courses taken for CR/NC (credit/no credit) will not be counted toward the requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) program because courses for BSBA must be completed with a letter grade of “C-” or better (“C” or better for BUS 499).
Digital proficiency can be fulfilled in one of the following ways for 0-3 units:
- Pass the Digital Proficiency test administered quarterly by the College of Business and Economics. Contact CBE Undergraduate Student Success & Service Center for details.
- Receive a total scaled score of 50 or higher on the “Information Systems” test administered by College Board’s College-Level Examination Program (CLEP). Visit CLEP Information Systems (https://clep.collegeboard.org/exam/information-systems-computers) for details. Note that the total scaled scores fall between 20 and 80. Your total scaled score must be at least 50, which does not mean 50%.
- Or complete BUS 110 or an equivalent course, with a letter grade of “C-” or better:
Take the following 3 units:
Choose five (5) courses for 15 units from the following:
Department Courses Listed by Course Type
Department of Management
Go to information for this department.
Information Technology Management
Information Technology Management: Graduate