Sep 24, 2022
BIOL 408 - Biomedical Sciences Seminar
Focuses on presentations from biomedical science professionals and biomedical schools, activities, and discussions on selected topics relevant to biomedical career preparation.
Prerequisites: CHEM 112, BIOL 140B, and either PHYS 126 or PHYS 136.
Credit Restrictions: Not open for BIOL major credit.
Repeatability: May be repeated for a maximum of 4 units.
Possible Instructional Methods: Entirely On-ground, or Entirely Online, or Hybrid.
Grading: A-F grading only.
Student Learning Outcomes - Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Differentiate among the different biomedical career pathways and how to be academically competitive for application to these programs;
- Understand the criteria different biomedical schools use to evaluate candidates who apply to their programs;
- Assess and evaluate different biomedical training programs both in the US and abroad allowing them to select the schools they will be applying to;
- Prepare several drafts of their personal statements required for application to biomedical programs;
- Understand the online application processes for the various biomedical programs;
- Provide information to PHAP (at one setting) to help improve the services provided by the program (e.g. test preparation, course tutoring, peer advising, etc.);
- Network with biomedical schools’ representatives and former PHAP students already in biomedical school programs;
- Use the information shared amongst themselves regarding PHAP club leadership opportunities, club events/tours, and membership recruitment.
Add to Folder (opens a new window)