Oct 06, 2022
MLL 325 - Themes in French/Francophone Literature
Units: 3 ; Breadth Area: GE-UD-C
A study of selected themes in French and Francophone literature, and other cultural productions, emphasizing an author, a genre or movement.
Strongly Recommended Preparation: Upper division status (greater than 60 earned semester units) and completion of lower division Area C requirements.
Prerequisites: Completion of GE Areas A1, A2, A3 and B4 with grade C- (CR) or better.
Equivalent Quarter Course: MLL 4100.
Repeatability: May be repeated for credit for a maximum of 6 units.
Possible Instructional Methods: Entirely On-ground.
Grading: A-F or CR/NC (student choice).
Breadth Area(s) Satisfied: GE-UD-C - Upper Division Arts or Humanities
Student Learning Outcomes - Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of and ability to apply principles, methodologies, value
- Analyze cultural production as an expression of, o human
- Demonstrate how the perspectives of the arts and humanities are used by informed, engaged, and reflective citizens to benefit local and global communities systems, and thought processes employed in the arts and humanities.
UD-C. Upper-division Arts or Humanities Learning Outcomes
- demonstrate an understanding of and ability to apply the principles, methodologies, value systems, and thought processes employed in the arts and humanities;
- analyze cultural production as an expression of, or reflection upon, what it means to be human; and
- demonstrate how the perspectives of the arts and humanities are used by informed, engaged, and reflective citizens to benefit local and global communities.
Add to Folder (opens a new window)