Aug 07, 2022
KIN 101 - Beginning Activities: Basketball
Units: 1 ; Breadth Area: GE-E
Development of basketball skills, tactics, game strategies, etiquette, rules and value to active living, life-long fitness, health, and wellness.
Equivalent Quarter Course: KIN 1001.
Repeatability: May be repeated for credit for a maximum of 2 units.
Possible Instructional Methods: Entirely On-ground.
Grading: A-F or CR/NC (student choice).
Breadth Area(s) Satisfied: GE-E -Lifelong Learning and Self-Development
Course Typically Offered: Fall & Spring
Student Learning Outcomes - Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Recognize and appreciate the benefits of being physically active (active living) to life-long fitness, health, and wellness.
- Identify the aesthetic, creative, personal, social, physical, and cognitive benefits and opportunities accrued by being physically active.
- Understand the basic principles of effective and safe physical activity participation.
- Know the history and fundamental components of a given physical activity.
- Use appropriate assessments to evaluate their own and others’ physical activity competence.
- List the disciplinary areas that are used to understand physical activity.
E. Lifelong Learning and Self-Development Learning Outcomes
- develop intellectual, practical, and/or physical skills and abilities that will serve them throughout their lives;
- apply their learning to other pursuits within and outside of the classroom; and
- demonstrate the capacity to make informed and ethical decisions.
Add to Folder (opens a new window)