Aug 14, 2022
DANC 217 - Musical Theater Dance
Units: 1 ; Breadth Area: GE-E
Movement technique from the rich history and evolution of musical theatre dance. Some discussion of socio-political and cultural challenges, including issues of race, gender, class inequality, and marginalization, that continue to influence style.
Strongly Recommended Preparation: At least one term of Jazz Dance.
Equivalent Quarter Course: Any one from: DANC 2121, DANC 2122, DANC 2123, DANC 2124, DANC 2125.
Repeatability: May be repeated once for credit for a total of 3 units.
Possible Instructional Methods: Entirely On-ground.
Grading: A-F or CR/NC (student choice).
Breadth Area(s) Satisfied: GE-E -Lifelong Learning and Self-Development
Course Typically Offered: Variable Intermittently
Student Learning Outcomes - Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- adapt movement of acknowledged dance styles specifically for their own body, abilities/disabilities and technique level;
- comment on the quality and aesthetics of a dance in rehearsal and performance. …connect terminology to body movements;
- create collaboratively and respectfully within a diverse group of their peers;
navigate the thriving, culturally diverse, Bay Area dance community.
E. Lifelong Learning and Self-Development Learning Outcomes
- develop intellectual, practical, and/or physical skills and abilities that will serve them throughout their lives;
- apply their learning to other pursuits within and outside of the classroom; and
- demonstrate the capacity to make informed and ethical decisions.
Add to Folder (opens a new window)