Aug 14, 2022
DANC 113 - Jazz Dance I
Units: 1 ; Breadth Area: GE-E
Introduction to practical skills that will increase physical aptitude, historical knowledge, and aesthetic sensibilities of jazz dance. Open to all body types and abilities/disabilities.
Equivalent Quarter Course: DANC 1171 or DANC 1172 or DANC 1173.
Repeatability: May be repeated for credit for a maximum of 2 units.
Possible Instructional Methods: Entirely On-ground.
Grading: A-F or CR/NC (student choice).
Breadth Area(s) Satisfied: GE-E -Lifelong Learning and Self-Development
Course Typically Offered: Variable Intermittently
Student Learning Outcomes - Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- adapt movement of an acknowledged dance style specifically for their own body, abilities/disabilities and technique level;
- comment on the quality and aesthetics of a dance in rehearsal and performance;
- connect terminology to body movements;
- create collaboratively and respectfully within a diverse group of their peers;
- navigate the thriving, culturally diverse, Bay Area dance community.
E. Lifelong Learning and Self-Development Learning Outcomes
- develop intellectual, practical, and/or physical skills and abilities that will serve them throughout their lives;
- apply their learning to other pursuits within and outside of the classroom; and
- demonstrate the capacity to make informed and ethical decisions.
Add to Folder (opens a new window)