Jan 28, 2022
COMM 310 - Introduction to Organizational Communication & Long Term Thinking
Analysis and application of theory and principles of human communication in private and public organizational settings. Historical survey of metaphors and their influence on organizational practices. Developing a long term and futures thinking mindset. Principles of strategic scenario planning, forecasting.
Equivalent Quarter Course: COMM 3107.
Possible Instructional Methods: Entirely On-ground, or Entirely Online, or Hybrid.
Grading: A-F grading only.
Course Typically Offered: Fall & Spring
Student Learning Outcomes - Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Discuss the scope and nature of organizational communication;
- Identify, define, and apply the concepts and theories associated with organizational communication;
- Work on a real project with a client organization, the City of Hayward, on creating a decarbonized future by 2050 and increasing awareness of bicycle and other sustainable transportation cultures;
- and increasing awareness of bicycle and other sustainable transportation cultures;
4. Describe multiple diverse societal and organizational futures, including near term futures a decade from now;
5. Gather information, data, events, innovations, driving forces, and other signals of change that help explore and describe possible trajectories of change, and their implications for 2025-2050;
- Innovate new branding, inventions, services, communities, ways of working and playing now and in 2025-2050.
Add to Folder (opens a new window)