May 28, 2022
TED 501 - Introduction to Teaching Emergent Bilinguals
Guided Language Acquisition and Design (GLAD) practices that address the English language and subject-matter learning needs of emergent bilinguals in a multiple subject classroom.
Prerequisites: Admission to Multiple Subject Credential Program.
Possible Instructional Methods: Entirely On-ground, or Entirely Online, or Hybrid.
Grading: A-F grading only.
Student Learning Outcomes - Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Foundations for successful English learner achievement.
- Linguistic development, first and second language acquisition, language transfer, and how home language literacy connects to second language development.
- Managing and organizing a classroom with first- and second-language learners.
- What program learning outcomes are aligned with this course?
- TPE 1: Engaging and Supporting All Students in Learning;
- TPE 2: TPE 3: Understanding and Organizing Subject Matter for Student Learning;
- TPE 4: Planning Instruction and Designing Learning Experiences for All Students;
- Does this course align with any institutional learning outcomes? If so, which one(s)?
- Thinking and reasoning; communication; diversity, collaboration, content understanding, and sustainability.
- Working in diverse groups effectively, respectfully, and with sensitivity
Add to Folder (opens a new window)