Aug 07, 2022
ENGL 307 - Intermediate Workshop in Creative Nonfiction
Writing and workshop critique of long and short creative nonfiction.
Equivalent Quarter Course: ENGL 3071.
Repeatability: May be repeated twice for credit for a maximum of 12 units.
Possible Instructional Methods: Entirely On-ground.
Grading: A-F or CR/NC (student choice).
Course Typically Offered: Fall & Spring
Student Learning Outcomes - Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Gain experience in the practice of writing creative nonfiction;
- Develop a good understanding of the formal aspects of creative nonfiction;
- Cultivate a critical vocabulary for workshop discussion;
- Learn how to critique (and be critiqued) constructively;
- Hone revising skills;
- Become familiar with literary journals for publication of creative nonfiction.
Add to Folder (opens a new window)