Jun 26, 2022
ART 349A - Portrait Photography
Studio lighting, digital imaging and camera techniques for professional portraiture. Students using a DSLR camera will learn the fundamentals of both studio and natural light portraiture with a variety of lighting equipment and professional techniques.
Prerequisites: ART 240.
Equivalent Quarter Course: ART 3660.
Possible Instructional Methods: Entirely On-ground.
Grading: A-F grading only.
Course Typically Offered: Variable Intermittently
Student Learning Outcomes - Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Show competency with studio strobes including safety procedures;
- Understand lighting ratios, types of light, lighting setups, and the language unique to the practice of portraiture;
- Use portraiture in a fine art context;
- Master natural light portraiture including the use of reflectors;
- Use specialized Photoshop techniques to enhance portraits;
- Demonstrate fluency with compositional placement, framing and vantage point as it applies to portraiture;
- Produce high quality conceptual and editorial style portraits.
Add to Folder (opens a new window)