Jul 06, 2022
SOC 492 - Capstone Project Support
Additional support and review of sociological theory and methods for students while completing their capstone projects.
Possible Instructional Methods: Entirely On-ground.
Grading: CR/NC grading only.
Course Typically Offered: Fall & Spring
Student Learning Outcomes - Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Students will be able to identify and assess the adequacy of sociological methods and summarize key findings in sociological research. (PLO 1)
- Students will be able to summarize and synthesize research findings generated by diverse methods and informed by diverse perspectives. (PLO 2)
- Students will be able to identify and summarize sociological theories that inform and frame sociological research. (PLO 2)
- When relevant to their capstone project students will demonstrate an understanding of how power, privilege, and culture produce social inequalities and stigmatization. (PLO 3)
- Students will demonstrate an ability to critically read, interpret and synthesize abstract sociological arguments and theories, and use sociological theories and models to develop research questions. (PLO 6)
- Students will be able to create research questions that are informed by sociological theory and revise theory based on their research findings. (PLO 6)
- Students will be able to design and carry out a research project. (PLO 1)
- Students will be able to effectively organize and communicate sociological theories, methods of inquiry and analysis, findings, and conclusions of their capstone project.
Add to Folder (opens a new window)