Skip to Navigation
  • Campus panorama at dusk

    Sample Title

    Sample Subtitle
  • Close up graduates

    Sample Title

    Sample Subtitle
  • Girl with microscope

    Sample Title

    Sample Subtitle
  • Girls basketball high five

    Sample Title

    Sample Subtitle
  • Oakland Bridge at night

    Sample Title

    Sample Subtitle
    CSU East Bay
  Feb 23, 2018
2017-2018 CSU East Bay Catalog

Pupil Personnel Credential: School Psychology

Return to Programs of Study by Degree Type Return to: Programs of Study by Degree Type

Department & Faculty Information  

Pupil Personnel Credential

The coursework for the M.S. in Counseling allow for following credentials:

Use these links to see the program requirements for the M.S. in Counseling:

Counseling, Clinical Child/School Psychology Option, M.S. 

Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy Option, M.S. 

Counseling, School Counseling Option, M.S.  


The M.S. in Counseling (or an acceptable equivalent) is required.

The Combined Credential Program

This combined credential program is offered by the Clinical Child/School Psychology faculty.

The school psychologist is a clinical child psychologist who functions within the school organization. The school psychologist provides consultation and services for enhancement of the cognitive, social and emotional development of children and adolescents within the school environment; provides programs for the development of the staff; has responsibility for the prevention, assessment, and remediation of the behavioral and learning difficulties of children; and often becomes the primary resource for the emotionally troubled children and their parents. The school psychologist serves the schools as the expert in psycho-educational measurement, program evaluation, and research.

School Psychology Internship

This program prepares students to undertake a full-time (1200-hour) Internship in School Psychology, as required by the National Association of School Psychologists and, as of July, 1996, by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing of the State of California.

Note that the Internship Credential would serve to qualify a student for internship status, and thus would have to be earned prior to the actual internship year itself.

School Psychology Specialization Required Coursework (49 units)

The School Psychology Specialization requires completion of all School Psychology Internship units listed above plus the following coursework:

Course Descriptions

Use this link to see all Course Descriptions  available throughout this catalog.

Return to Programs of Study by Degree Type Return to: Programs of Study by Degree Type